Conventional 2 wire Fire detection and alarm systems
Conventional 2 wire fire alarm systems are our entry level systems and are the most cost effective systems, they are ideal for a smaller premises but they have their disadvantages as well as advantages. They are gradually being superseded by our wire-free systems.
The system is divided into zones which have can have many devices on each 2 wire radial circuit.
- These systems are cheaper to install and are suitable for a small premises where a more complex system is not required.
- Equipment cost is cheaper so keep maintenance costs down.
- Because many devices are installed as one zone it is not possible to identify which detector has activated at the control panel.
- Whilst the equipment is cheaper than addressable or wireless systems the wiring structure is usually more expensive in both cable and labour
- Alterations to the building may mean additional wiring or expansion of the system.
- If a wire becomes broken or severed any devices after the break will not operate until the repair has been carried out.
- Limited or no event log so fault finding can be made difficult
- Limited to small un complex buildings.
Survey installation and commissioning process
A FREE on site survey is carried out by one of our qualified designers and a quotation raised for the work required.
If the proposal is acceptable to the client our designer will return to site and carry out a pre installation survey to make sure there has been no changes since the original survey. The survey doesn't take long and shortly after we will issue design drawings and certification in accordance with BAFE and NSI Gold requirements. A mutually aggregable date is set with the client for installation.
Installation engineers will visit on the start date and proceed to install the system depending on the size of the system they may be on site each day for many days until the system is installed and then it will be handed over to a commissioning engineer.
Our commissioning engineer will fully test the system and give a comprehensive demonstration to the client. The engineer will fit the zone layout drawing to the wall and issue a log book and operators manual. BAFE Certification will be sent out from our administration office shortly afterwards.
Our engineers will carry out six monthly (or more often on large systems) preventative maintenance visits and we are available 24/7 should you have any problems or require some advice.
We recommend and install the Fike Twinflex pro 2 wire conventional fire alarm system range of equipment, but we can also provide installation and service on other manufacturers equipment such as C-Tec, SMS, Morley, Gent or Protec.
Contact us today to discuss and arrange for a FREE site survey of your business premises